Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Swaps

The girls on A PILE OF SCRAP!'s forum decided to do a Christmas card and a Christmas tag swap. Here's what I did for the card swap.














I started with a kraft paper base and inked the edges in black. Then added a piece of Pink Paislee artisan tape. For the yellow piece, I covered an embossing folder with embossing ink then ran the paper threw the Cuddlebug. Then I embossed it with clear embossing powder. It really made the embossing pop. I cut the star from some black corrugated paper and added a button. I found the dalmatian online.

These are the tags I created for the swap.
I started with a piece of white card stock then covered it with fired brick crackle paint. When that was completely dried, I cut out my tags, distressed all the edges and ink them black. Next I used the flourish mask from the Tim Holtz mini Regal masks in the upper right hand corner and sprayed the tag with a combination of black smooch spritz and an ivy green colour glimmer mist. I stamped the tree image with archival ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Lastly, I print out the JOY letters on my print, cut them out and distressed them, inked them with antique linen and the edges with brushed corduroy and attached them with pop dots.
















This tag is white card stock inked with green distress ink. It started out like the tag above but then I folded it and cut a flap to hold it closed. I added a piece of patterned paper and ribbon. I printed the snow man, coloured his nose, flocked his scarf and smooched his wings.

I had so much fun with all these projects! I can't wait until next years swap!

1 comment:

  1. i love them but am fondest of the JOY tag!!! super job Meg!

    ReplyDelete