Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Long Over Due

Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted here.
Since December of 2011 I've been all over the place with my artful endeavors.
I taught for a while (until October 2012), have taken a lot of classes (general crafts, art journalling, scrapbooking, drawing, painting, muskrat skinning) but mostly I've just been exploring and creating.
The most exciting thing I've done is register for She Art Matters Retreat MEXICO with Christy Tomlinson and Junelle Jacobsen! In December of this year, I'll be spending 7 days in Puerto Vallarta relaxing, painting and learning from some awesome artists!
So, I want to get back to sharing my art with the world or at least the few people who read this blog.
This piece is called "Strive". I started by cutting her hair out of a Christy Tomlinson She Art Words Coffee Filter Sheet and modge podging it in place. These coffee filters are awesome. They are fibrous so they don't tear as easily as tissue paper. Then I worked on the back ground with a little of everything. Stamps with ink, stamps with paint, markers, stencils, found items. You name it, I used it. Then I covered the whole background with Tattered Angels Glitter Glam in Chandiler. Next I painted the face and used Faber-Castell india ink markers to add the details. Then I painted the hair and used the india ink markers to add some depth. I added the word which came from Tim Holtz Idea-ology ChitChat Stickers, coloured them with the india ink markers and outlined them using a Molotow paint pen in white. Finally I covered the whole think in modge podge to seal it.
Ta ta for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment